O ur technical approach and savoir-faire have evolved since we started in 1889.
In 1920, George and Denis built a barn to install a wine press. A few years later, Hugues introduced using a wine tractor instead of horses. This helped speed up the process to maintain the soil and reap the grapes. In 1963, he also bought the first automatic wine press, which positively impacted the harvest. The grape harvesting machine appeared on the market at the end of 1980, what a revolution for us!
K nown locally as tuffeau, the subsoil of the Loire Valley is limestone.
In this stone, Jean-Marie, Vincent and Michel have dug a labyrinthine cellar under the vines to store our bottles, and ensure an aging at a constant temperature. We are constantly trying to improve our impact on the planet. We deeply believe that with a reasoned fight that is to say, and a thoughtful use of the phytosanitary products, to preserve at best the environment and the authenticity of its soil, we will provide the best of Vouvray terror.